Easy Sunny Activities With Dogs!
The sunny weather in most places is in full swing, and people are getting out and doing things again! Your pup sure will appreciate being able to tag along with you. Here's some free or cheap activities to do while the weather is warm, and to bring your pup along with!
Have a Picnic
Why not treat you and your pup to a picnic? This can be such an easy way to end a hike, walk, or even just a day at the park. Make sure to pack some dog friendly snacks for you and your pup, and bring along some gear to make the day way more cozy.
- Keep off the wet grass and contain the mud with our Quilted Twill Waterproof Bed/Furniture Protector
- Clean up any spills with a Muddy Paws Pet Towel
- Bring younger pups, or even cats along without worrying about where they are all the time! Give them some fresh air and keep them safe with a Portable Mesh Pet Playpen
Start the swim season now! In some places, it’s been warm enough to swim for weeks - here in the PNW, not so much. But why not try and take that dive with your pup? Try out a polar plunge, take them to the beach or lake, and try to swim. Too cold? Just let them run around in the water, they’ll thank you!
Spend time in the great outdoors! There’s so many great activities, or leisures, to partake in with your fur baby. Whether you’re looking for an intense 3 day backpacking trip, or a weekend of relaxing and roasting marshmallows, we’ve got you covered.
- Make sure your pup has a cozy spot to curl up on the trail! The Trail Pup Packable Stuff Sack Travel Pillow stuffs up into a little self contained bag, and is cozy for adventurous pups who love to tag along!
- Car camping more your style? Bring along a bigger outdoor mattress for your pup! Our Deluxe Mattress Indoor/Outdoor Bed is the perfect combination of comfort and function!
Not sure where to go? Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas for dog friendly camping and hiking!
Rainy Day Walk
Don’t let rainy days stop you! We love the rain (you have to learn to love it in Washington!), and we know that your pup can too. Make sure to be prepared with a coat for you and your pup.
Go for a Drive
Sometimes all you need on a sunny spring day is a good music playlist, some gas in your car, and a buddy to keep you company! Why not consider a drive with your pup (maybe finish in a walk, or a beach trip?). We’ve got everything you need to make you and your pup comfortable, safe, and having fun the entire time.
Off Leash Walk
- Here are some quick tips for off leash fun:
- Pay attention to your pup
- Practice commands before (come, sit, stay)
- Reward with treats
- Pick up your poop!
- Make sure you have visibility and can see your pup at all times
- Check out our Reversible Reflective coat for extra mobility and visibility while on your walks!