Dog friendly hikes in the Pacific Northwest
We're lucky enough to live in the beautiful state of Washington, where we're surrounded by stunning mountains and trees. Washington also includes a large number of hiking trails and adventures. Are you looking to spend the day hiking and want to bring along your pup? Then look no further! Not all hikes allow pets so we've rounded up the top dog friendly pacific northwest hikes for you and your dog. For more info on the hikes including directions and instructions click the link included on each one. Happy trails!
A majority of trails require you to have your pet leashed on hikes. We recommend the following FurHaven Products to enhance your hiking experience!
- A dog water bottle with attached dish
- A soft and comfy mesh harness (please be sure to measure your pet before ordering)
- A trail leash
- A leash for two dogs that leaves a hand free
1. Rattlesnake Ledge - 4 miles round trip (our marketing manager pictured below highly recommends this one!)
2. Lake twenty two - 5.4 miles round trip and no one truly knows the reason behind the name "lake 22"
(photos from Washington Trails association website)
3. Snow Lake - 7.2 miles round trip - this is the most visited lake in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness!
4. Oyster Dome - 5 miles round trip - this one is near to our heart as it's close to the FurHaven headquarters.
5. Red Top Lookout - 1.5 miles round trip but don't let it fool you! It's a steep one.
We hope you have a great time and always remember to be safe!
For more resources on what to bring hiking and how to be safe, check out the Washington Trails Association Website. FurHaven Pet Products has recommended these hikes but cannot guarantee their safety, or that of hikers on the trail. Please check conditions before hiking and always be prepared for an emergency.