Easy-Peasy Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats - A Simple Recipe
Enjoy An Easy Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe From FurHaven!
Spice up the holidays this year with these homemade pumpkin dog treats for your pup! These treats are super easy to make using only a few simple ingredients. Your dog's tail will be wagging as soon as you take them out of the oven! Check out our video below, or keep reading for the full recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Dog Treats:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP softened coconut oil
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 TSP baking powder
- 4 TBSP of water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Add the softened coconut oil and pumpkin puree together in a large mixing bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the egg, then mix again until combined.
- Add the egg and mix until your substance becomes a dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface, knead for about 10 minutes, then roll it out.
- Cut the dough using cookie cutters of your choice.
- Using a greased or non-stick cookie sheet, bake the treats in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown on top.
- Once done, let sit for 15 minutes to let cool.