What is CertiPUR-US and why you should care about it
Do you ever think about what's in your mattress? Could you name the materials that can go into it? Is it springs? Foam? Unicorns?
Well just like our human beds, it's important to know what goes into your dog's bed! Their mattresses just like ours could harbor harmful and toxic materials that they could be lying against. It can include things like mercury, or lead which no one wants to hear their cat or dog is lying on. That's why we use CertiPUR-US® foam.
Have you heard of CertiPUR-US foam before? If not, we're here to break it down for you! Think of CertiPUR-US as a health check up for the foam.
CertiPUR-US certified foams are:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE's, TDCPP or TCEP ("tris") flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Oragnic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Wow that's a lot to take in! But this info should make it easier for you to sleep at night knowing that your pet's bed is tested and analyzed to ensure it passed the CertiPUR-US rigorous testing standards. This certification is renewed annually and you can find a list of participating companies here. So rest assured the foam used in our FurHaven beds has been "given a clean bill of health"!
Still have questions? We're sure you can find answers at the CertiPUR-US website which you can find here.